They sang part of a song at the end of the service. I cried the whole time- not only b/c it's a great song, but because it brought me back to Grace Chapel, the church I grew up going to in upstate NY. It took me back to the band singing this song with a piano or keyboard, one guitar, and a drummer- so simple. When our church did it, the men had one part, and the women had another part and then when we'd sing together in a round it could combine both parts. I miss my old church- the simplicity of it. While singing the song, the faces of so many old friends came to my mind and I thanked God for putting all of those special people in my life over the years I lived in NY.
The song is titled, You Are Holy (Prince of Peace) by Michael W. Smith. Here is the chorus (the part we sang in church together today):
He is Lord of Lords
He is King of Kings
He is mighty God
Lord of everything
He's Emmanuel
He's the great "I AM"
He's my Prince of Peace
Who is the Lamb
He's the living God
He's my saving grace
He will reign forever
He is ancient of days
He's the Alpha, Omega, Beginning and End
He's my Savior, Messiah, Redeemer, and friend
He is King of Kings
He is mighty God
Lord of everything
He's Emmanuel
He's the great "I AM"
He's my Prince of Peace
Who is the Lamb
He's the living God
He's my saving grace
He will reign forever
He is ancient of days
He's the Alpha, Omega, Beginning and End
He's my Savior, Messiah, Redeemer, and friend
He's my Prince of Peace and I will live my life for you.
2 comments:
We sang that at Grace Chapel last Sunday -- what a great song! :)
Those were good days. :) Good days...and you guys were the best part of it.
Post a Comment