Thursday, December 6, 2012

Following suit


 Here is Lucy at 28 wks
 Lucy again at 28 wks
 Avery at 31 wks

All of a sudden I wanted to see Lucy. This may sound weird, but sometimes I don't feel as 'connected' or even as cognoscente of my pregnancy with her as I did to Avery when I was pregnant with her. I just don't have the time to relish every kick, play music on my belly for her to listen to, fill out my pregnancy journal, and so on. I'm sure it's because I am chasing after a 2 yr old and this time of the year is crazy anyway without the added stress of parenting. Life is a tad busier this time around.

I told John a few days ago that I wanted to do one of those 4D ultrasounds, and was surprised that they had openings this week, so we went this evening after John got off work. The experience was different from when we went with Avery, because John was wrestling her to stay somewhat still and well-behaved and not tear the place down. She is currently obsessed with babies, and when she saw Lucy on the screen, but couldn't touch her; it sent her into a wild rampage. Funny, but not really :( When we had our ultrasound with Avery, we were all adults in the room and had 30 min of uninterrupted amazement.

Lucy is just beautiful! I know I'm partial, and of course any mother would say that, but at 7 months gestation, she looks so perfect and healthy! She has the same Dorr nose as Avery, but her lips don't look as full as Avery's did on her 4D ultrasound. She was a mix of super active, and super relaxed. Precious! I cannot wait to meet this sweet little girl. She is constantly moving, and I am always telling myself to soak up all the kicks and wiggles in my belly, because I know I will miss them after giving birth.

Lucy has done a good job of following suit and looking just as cute as her big sister!

No comments: