Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Our Eve and Day

Merry Christmas!!

I had a no fun Christmas Eve and took a fall off the front steps on my way to the car. I fell strategically on all four so I wouldn't fall on my back (which is already a mess) or my belly (because of being pregnant) and I fell on my hands and knees. My hands are totally fine, but my right knee got banged up and is very sore, and my left ankle is pretty badly sprained and swollen. I iced/elevated/compressed it on/off yesterday and I think that helped a little bit. I wasn't able to go to our Christmas Eve service, which really bummed me out (probably the first time ever that I haven't been to a Christmas Eve service!), and I couldn't make the french toast strata last night to serve this morning because I can barely put any weight on my foot and standing for that long would have made things worse. I was pretty miserable last night, but reminded myself a few times that Mary had it waaay worse traveling pregnant on a camel!

I woke up with a little less discomfort this morning, and we had a great morning opening presents with Avery and our NY family via Facetime! Avery is over the moon with her new toys, and now we're watching the old school Grinch...for the 451 this season! She loves this movie! I made a Christmas dinner (ham, mashed potatoes, corn and biscuits) and then made a new dessert (open face blueberry-blackberry pie) for us. My foot and knee were in pretty bad shape after standing and walking...nay...hobbling around the kitchen, but it was worth it because the food was oh so yummy! We were able to Skype with John's family around dinner time, and Avery opened a few more gifts from them. We had the whole day to ourselves; just the 3 of us and I must say, it was lovely! I'm a super outgoing and social person 99.9% of the time, but it was so nice to spend the day at home with no agenda, rush, or plans. Avery has gone to bed, and John and I are enjoying some quiet time on the couch.




I hope you have a restful Christmas, full of joy and peace. From our family to yours...Merry Christmas!

No comments: