Friday, September 24, 2010

Becoming a reality

With close to only 3 weeks left until Avery is due to make her arrival, certain things are becoming a reality to me. The last few days it has really hit me that life will be changing forever. When people say this, unfortunately their minds go in a negative direction, but I don't feel that way at all! I have heard from so many people (men, women, Christians, non-Christians, planned, and unplanned pregnancies) that it's the best life change a person can experience. Who wouldn't want that?!

Since I'm not currently working (other than tutoring privately on the side), I have time during the day to sort of do whatever. I find myself running a lot of errands; which is when the reality of what's to come hits me the most. I totally recognize that running errands really won't be the same for a very long time! Not only will there will her schedule to work around, but there will be a bulky car seat and stroller, a diaper bag to lug around, and running in to CVS for 7 seconds to get something will never take 7 seconds! And it's not just the 'baby phase' that will be hectic, I'm sure once she hits toddler stage, it'll be even more crazy to run errands, and get things done in a timely (you know me...) fashion.

With that said- I cannot wait to be a mom! I am so ready, so excited, and so dying to meet Avery! I feel so blessed that God chose to allow us to become parents, and I can't imagine how much more blessed I'm going to feel once we have her!

No comments: