Sunday, September 12, 2010

Little paper lanterns

We have white paper lanterns in our office downstairs, and they create a really pretty glow! I hate the ceiling lights because they create such stark lighting, and these were a good alternative!

When we started talking about the nursery a few months ago, we discussed getting lanterns for the baby's room so we wouldn't have to turn on a bright ceiling light on in the middle of the night for diaper changes, and feedings.

I found a great website that specializes in these paper lanterns- all different shapes, sizes, and colors. Of course...we decided to go with PINK! We bought 5 packs of 10, and had to assemble them ourselves. We had a pretty good system going, and TEAM DORR worked well together!

I loooove the way they turned out- so cozy, sweet, and delicate looking! Not to say we'll never use the ceiling fan lights, but I think these will be more pleasant to squint at at 2am :) Another cool thing about these- John put them on sort of a dimmer switch, and there are three different settings of 'brightness' so we can adjust them according to how bright we want the room!


The process begins...making the lanterns.

Here they are before they were strung on the light cords.
One view from the room, a little blurry.
Safety first...John will one foot on the glider, and the other on the foot rest :)

No comments: