





Do you watch the show Glee? John and I love it! The writing is witty, and the talent is crazy good! We have so much fun singing/dancing along in our living room to the songs like we're in a music video or something! There aren't many shows we both really like, but Glee is one of them!
I had remember hearing that the cast goes on tour and does a concert, but I looked into it more, and found out that they'd be performing in DC! I called John to see if he was interested in going, and he was! Tickets were crazy expensive, but we figured we don't normally do stuff like this, and when's the next time we'll do it again...? We got good seats, and drove almost 3 hrs up to Springfield, VA and took the metro into the city, which took about 30 min. The trip up was seamless, and so easy!
We got into DC around 4:30 with plenty of time to kill before the concert at 7:30. We decided to go to National Museum of History, which was amazing! We then grabbed dinner in Chinatown, and went to the show. It was packed out!!! I heard someone say Glee sold out the venue!!
It was an amazing show- and sooooo worth the money, and the drive! We sang loud, danced like crazy, and acted like we were back in our living room! I enjoyed John's company so much...he was the perfect person to share the experience with!!!
When the show ended we grabbed the metro back to our car at the Springfield metro station. Since John had to work the next day, we decided before hand I would drive home so he could sleep a little on the drive. We entered our home address in the GPS, and started on our way. Not even 10 minutes into the drive did we hit a problem...our car broke down!! It started puttering, puttering, puttering...and then stopped! Thankfully we were able to pull into a small parking lot. We were JUST about to get onto the on ramp for the interstate...that would have been awful! We called AAA, and there was a tow truck within 5 minutes to pick us up! We have AAA plus (thankfully- because otherwise they only two 15 miles), so we were able to get towed 100 miles, but that would only take us to Richmond...still an hr from home. We brainstormed ideas of what we could do...
* pay the extra money...nah- we just spent a ton of money
* call a friend to pick us up, and then get the car the following day
* crash at a hotel for the night- nope...John had to work in the a.m.
While all of this is going on, I had texted a few friends about our adventure! Four people offered to drive to pick us up- regardless of how far away it was...how blessed are we with awesome friends?!?!
Before we got in the truck, the driver told us he'd take us past the 100 mile marker, as far as he could for only $40...deal! If you had to be stuck driven home at midnight by a tow truck driver...this is the guy you would have wanted! He was so nice, conversational, and funny! John fell asleep for a little bit, so I was stuck making conversation with this dude of out straight air.
Our house was an extra 60 miles from the original 100 that AAA allows a tow for. It was pretty expensive, but we reminded ourselves continually that things could have been way worse! Adventure never hurts, right?!
It was a fun adventure, and of course there is no one else I would have rather shared it with then John! He handled everything well, didn't get upset during any part of it, and was a trooper going to work with 3 hrs of sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment