Tuesday, June 14, 2011

SAY HEY to Claire Diesel-Reynolds



You must meet my friend Claire! She oozes fun, spontaneity, and love from her pores! Who doesn't want that in a friend?!

John and I met Claire, and her husband Stew, three years ago through mutual friends. We stayed in touch when we lived in West Virginia, and actually lived with them for two months when we moved back to the area before we closed on the house we're living in now.

We didn't become as close as we are now until last year when we went through pregnancies together. Our due dates were one week apart, and our babies were born three weeks apart! Every milestone during our pregnancies, we basically went through together!

Claire had her son Kai three weeks before I had Avery, and the rest is history! She lives about five minutes up the road, so it's easy to hop in the car and spend a few hours (or a whole day) with her and Kai! It's been an amazing blessing to have Claire going through the same ups and downs of being a new mom. She is someone I can be totally open and honest with- without ever having to sugar coat things in my life. She is understanding, gracious, forgiving, and an awesome listener! She is happy for me when things are going great in my life, and empathetic for me when they're not. What more could you ask for in a friend??

We are opposites in most ways, but our friendship is one I treasure, and count as a huge blessing! Going through the journey of new motherhood wouldn't have been the same if I didn't have Claire right by my side- for real!

I consider you one of my best friends, and I am so thankful God crossed our paths! Thank you for being a loyal friend-one with gentle words, and an open heart!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Love her too! She is an awesome mama!

Claire said...

oh leah you rock thanks you make me feel soooooo special!!!!!