Friday, June 17, 2011

One year later...



Today I went into work for an end of the year luncheon for the staff. As I was driving to school, my mind brought me back to this time last year when I had just finished packing up my classroom, and was not returning as a full-time teacher because of Avery's due date in October.

When I left last year, there was such a strong sense of anticipation! I couldn't wait for the rest of my pregnancy to unfold, attend two more baby showers over the summer, and eventually meet Avery in the fall. I knew in June that there was a part of my life about to be complete, and boy was that feeling right!

And life as I know it now if so different! Life is full of diapers, schedules, feedings, babysitters, and toys! There isn't a minute during my day when I don't have Avery on my mind. When I left work today, the feeling of anticipation wasn't there- and that's okay. It was a different feeling...I was a mom going home to my baby girl...the sweetest job I've ever had!



Last day of school last year (I was 24 wks pregnant) with Steph and Danielle


Last day of school with Danielle and Steph
Me and Avery yesterday