Hey everyone! We made it to Germany, safe and sound! It is beautiful here, and I already love it!
A funny things happened to us only a few hours after arriving. We got to the hotel, slept for an hour, took showers, and then decided to walk around town. We went to a bank to withdraw Euros, and we mistakenly put our debit card in the wrong machine! We thought it was an ATM machine, but it was an account statement machine. Oops! John's debit card it stuck in there, and I have to go tomorrow to get the back to open the machine up to get the card. We thought that was pretty funny...
Our hotel is only a few blocks away from the 'town center' where there are stores, restaurants, coffee shops, and more. We aren't staying in a tourist area, so we are pretty much the only Americans here! We were pleasantly surprised that a lot of the people here actually speak English. It's broken, but well enough to communicate back and forth. John's work week starts tomorrow (Monday), so I'll be on my own to explore. I brought two books with me, so I'm excited to go to a coffee shop and drink coffee while reading. All the restaurants and shops have outdoor dining, and the weather is beautiful right now! A cool breeze goes through the town center, it's great! After John gets back from work, we're going to try a restaurant that looked really good.
I'll keep posting throughout the week. I was hoping I could post some pictures, but I don't think it's going to work on our laptop. I'm going to have to post them once we get home.
Keep reading...
No comments:
Post a Comment